Easy Cashew Ice Cream
My husband and I love to indulge every once in awhile on the store bought cashew milk or coconut milk ice creams. Laloo's goat milk ice cream is also amazing! Well, I eat 95% unprocessed, home prepared food. The other 5% is things like kale chips or carob chips or some other packaged raw treat like dehydrated pumpkin seeds. I have been trying to eat even a little cleaner and more simply, even when it comes to these indulgences. So, instead of buying the cashew ice cream at the store, I went ahead and bought raw cashews and made some myself. Here is a fun recipe adapted from Primal Palate...but I eliminated the raisins and extras and just kept it simple. I'm working on a sugar free one that I will post soon. Super yummy to serve to friends and family or eat solo. Enjoy!
16 oz raw cashews
3 Cups Almond milk unsweetened
1/3 Cup Natural raw maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. pink himalayan salt
Soak the cashews in a large glass bowl with a splash of hydrogen peroxide overnight covered. Rinse in the morning and set aside. Fill the blender with the cashews, almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and salt. Blend until creamy. Transfer to your ice cream maker. (I had to do this in two batches because there was too much to fit in the ice cream maker.) Set for approximately 35 minutes...maybe less, maybe a little more. You just don't want to overdo it or the texture will be off. Once it is finished, you can enjoy as is as soft serve or put it in a glass container to store in the freezer. Once you take it out of the freezer, let it soften just a little and it will be ready to serve. Enjoy!
Ready for blending...